As the first campus, the drug discovery focusedBarcelona Campus is based in one of the leading institutions in Southern Europe and just minutes away of the heart of the magnificent city centre. At be Barcelona Scientific Park, we develop our executive programmes with a mix and interaction between research centres, biotechnology-based companies and the pharmaceutical industry.
The classes, seminars, meetings and work development projects are held in a fully equipped environment, where not only will you develop your professional skills but you will also have interactions with others professionals from the same field.
Having the densest pharma ecosystem of Europe, the biggest biotech industry in Spain and a high technological and fast-growing drug development and medical devices sector, Barcelona offers the most complete biotechnology business ecosystem in Southern Europe.
The MBA programmes are design for professionals and students who want to acquire a practical healthcare knowledge for their career, based on real drug candidates, and to expand their international network in the pharmaceutical industry and the biotechnology sector.
The Executive Programmes are design for professionals willing to acquire a specific understanding in key subsector processes in the healthcare industry and to develop international knowledge to increase their professional network.
Global MBAs in Biotechnology
add_circle_outline1st Semester Common module
• Common Module. Training for all specialisations.
• The first module is design for our students to acquire an executive understanding of the main stakeholders and transactions deals involved in innovation and new drug discoveries.
add_circle_outline2nd Semester Itinerary
• Specialisation Module. MBA’s itineraries.
• The different mentions are thought to have a practical approach to key business activities and main professional roles in the biotechnology sector and the pharmaceutical industry
add_circle_outlineCarrer Impact Program
• Our programmes are oriented towards developing the careers of committed individuals with BSc, MSc, PhD or equivalent qualification with a background in Life Sciences.
• One of the key objectives of this the MBA programme is work with our students who are looking to enter industry from academia or looking for new opportunities within their current company or beyond.
add_circle_outlineMBA Thesis Project
• Study Case of a real IP candidate. The final thesis assignment will be a presentation of a drug discovery plan that comes from real IP candidates and will be develop in groups through the different mentions.
• This final thesis can take the form of a thesis, business plan or dissertation, whereby a specific project is developed to pull together the principles and processes taught in the previous modules into a single document.
add_circle_outline1st Semester Specialisation
• Four modules based on global industry departments
• This module is design for our students to acquire an executive and practical knowledge from the main stakeholders and to understand processes and roles involved in the global industry
add_circle_outlinePostgraduate Thesis Project
• Study Case real IP candidate
• During the programs the students will develop a practical assignment defined into a global drug discovery plan
International Management Approach - Our Students Profile
Our Masters programmes are designed for young scientific candiates, MSc and PhD students, that like science but want to develop their career outside of the laboratory, in management positions, in biotechnology based companies, the pharmaceutical industry or government institutions, such as technology transfer offices.
The BBI Barcelona’s different programmes are taught by a panel of experienced lecturers, who are currently working in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Technology and Biotechnology industries and have the practical and theoretical experience of the drug discovery processes and other aspects of commercial innovation. The Barcelona team will also draw on the Cambridge Panel of Lecturers for some of the teaching remit, especially across the broader Life Sciences’ sector. The Barcelona Campus will have its own wellbeing officer to support students' personal needs during their course.
After successfully passing the all the required evaluations and approval of the final MBA Thesis, Dissertationor Business Plan, which is evaluated by a panel of industry experts, the minimum requirements for the qualification will have been achieved. Under the current academic European standards, based on the required number if credits according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS), students will receive a certificate awarded by the Biotechnology Business Institute, which is an independent privately owned Business School focused on the education in biotechnology.
These are some of the companies where our students either started their career in internships or junior positions, or due to our programmes, they got promoted to a new position to continue developing their professional path in the biotechnology sector or the pharmaceutical industry or other Life-Sciences-related companies.