This programme will take you through the path of new drug approvals
The objective of the master program is to understand the process of how the industry prepares a new global drug approval entry and the global value dossier to work with the administrations and governments to deliver it to the patients
Work closely with to the administrations in order to launch new compounds
The main roles and companies related with these areas of knowledge’s are those such as, global and local market access manager, government affairs, pricing and value management or patient advocacy, among other corporate positions at biotechnology-based companies, the pharmaceutical industry and other companies related to healthcare.
add_circle_outline1st Semester Module I - Management in Biotechnology
• Early-stage innovation & Technology Transfer. During this first course you will acquire the bases of innovation and technology transfer processes, as well as understanding the type of licensing agreements and the strategic approach.
• Venture Capital and Biotechnology Based Companies. This part of the course will give you and global overview of the financial markets and more specifically the biotech market. The aim is to acquire a solid financial base in private funding.
• Market Access and Pricing. This introductory module will give you a deep overview on the main analysis and value dossiers, between the private industry and the national healthcare systems and the strategic design for accessing new drugs.
• Intellectual Property & Licensing Agreements. The focus of this part of the module is learning about how a global perceptive in management and team leadership is necessary in global companies to achieve goals due portfolio management and new compounds.
add_circle_outline1st Semester Module II - Scientific & Regulatory Development
• Target Product Profile (TPP)
• Regulatory Affairs for FDA/EMA Approval
• Regulatory preclinical developments for new entities
• Regulatory clinical developments for new entities
add_circle_outline1st Semester Module III - Global Pharmaceutical Industry
• Market Intelligence & Portfolio Management
• Global Brand Plans
• Patient Journey & Market Disease
• Agreements & Contracts in the industry
add_circle_outline1st Semester Module IV - Pricing
• Pricing basics
• Premium Price and Shared risks
• Real World Evidence
• QUALY Adjustment
add_circle_outline2nd Semester Module V - Pharmacoeconomics I
• Cost of Disease Design
• Business Development and the Industry
• National Healthcare Systems
• Patients Associations
add_circle_outline2nd Semester Module VI - Pharmacoeconomics II
• Price Negotiations
• Reference Pricing & Pricing Strategy
• Health Evaluation
add_circle_outline2nd Semester Module VII - Market Access
• Global Market Access Strategy
• Strategic market access - HTA
• Emerging Markets & Healthcare
• Government Affairs
add_circle_outlineModule VIII - MBA Thesis Project
• Global Market Access & Pricing Plan. During the MBA year our students have the unique opportunity to work under a non-disclosure agreement with real IP drug candidates from our technology transfers partners acquiring a deep knowledge of the key management areas in a drug development from an early-stage drug candidate until is the treatment is approved and delivered to the patient.
• Areas of development: The Global MBA thesis is design, on one hand, to develop interpersonal and team leadership skills while developing the plan working groups with candidates from other itineraries, and on the other hand, to increase the international strategic thinking and the decision-making process with our educational partners for a final proposal in a real drug discovery business plan.
add_circle_outlineModule IX - Career Impact Program
• This module is design for our students to achieve their professional goals developing professional and personal tools to position themselves as candidates for management positions in the industry, and also, to understand how to approach a global portfolio of job application opportunities and recruitment processes.
• Areas of development: The main areas of focus during the MBA career impact programme are the professional positioning and enhancement of our students, the international network development and the improvement of key business and soft personal skills.
Industry relationships with national healthcare systems are the core of the MBA
Some of the areas of knowledge that will be develop during the MBA in Global Market Access involve, Premium Price and Shared risks, Real World Evidence, Price Negotiations, Reference Pricing & Pricing Strategy, Strategic market access - HTA and Government Affairs.
The MBA in Global Market Access will allow our studetns to have and applied understanding of the processes involved in new drug approvals and the relationship with the national governments in order to introduce new drugs for patients
Nerea Blanqué - Vice President Market Access and Pricing at Alira Health
The MBA in Global Market Access has allowed me to increase my specific knowledge in the new drug approvals scene and has given me the tools to continue developing my career in this particular field
Maria Cavaller - Patient Engagement at EURORDIS - Rare Diseases Europe & BBI Alumni
The master gave me a vision of the whole drug lifecycle, from early development stages until it is launched to the market. BBI also helped me to develop the necessary skills to work in the healthcare sector and, consequently, successfully start my career.
Marta Aguado - HEOR Analyst at Alira Heatlh & BBI Alumni
The Institute has a strong international attitude. That is why we encourage our students to take part in events related with the sector in order to build up their network from the very start of their career
Pablo Viguera - Medical Lead/Director Southern Cluster Kyowa Kirin International plc
The programme has allowed me to achieve my professional objectives and trough the BBI career impact programme change my job position towards the specialisation area in the sector I was looking for. The increase of my network and the BBI community connections was key for the process.
Camila Pazos - EU Pharma RWE Manager at LynxCara & BBI Alumni